In Deep (Lockhart Brothers Book 2) - Brenda Rothert

Brenda Rother’s IN DEEP is a heartwarming story that held me encaptivated.  April Byerly becomes the new house mom for Grieves House, home for pregnant teenagers; established by Ivy and Reed Lockhart.  She is turned off by Reed’s brother, Mason Lockhart; however, as the two get to know each other, emotions turn.  This contemporary romance takes place in Lovely, Missouri.  It is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

Brenda Rother does a great job with her character development.  I like Mason.  He is thirty years old, tech business owner.  He is a math and computer programing guru. He understandably swore off of relationships nine years’ prior after being betrayed by his college girlfriend. He is intelligent and protective.  He also has a secrete he is keeping from his family.  I like twenty-eight-year-old April.  She is a former science teacher.  She is very motherly and an excellent role model for the girls at Grieves House.  She is a good person with a big heart.

I like that Ivy ropes April into taking dance lessons with Mason as a partner.  The two get to know and confide in each other.  They are really good for one another and grow throughout the story.

I like Miss Dee Dee.  She gives some good advice and is an interesting character.

I enjoyed the plot.  There were some interesting things that happened throughout the story.  IN DEEP was full of emotion and well-written.  I love Mason’s older brother Kyle and his kids.  I cannot wait to read his story next in book three, DRAWN DEEPER.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.