Shutdown Pair - V.L. Locey

V.L. Locey scores with Shutdown Pair.  Writer Heath Parker meets drifter Wyatt Dickenson at his beer-league hockey game when they were in need of a goalie.  Heath offers Wyatt a place to stay while he is in town. His curiosity causes him to try to uncover Wyatt’s mysterious past.  This M/M Sports Romance is appropriate for adult audiences.  It takes place in Frost Lake, Minnesota.

I love Heath’s humor.  His curious nature and creative mind make for some interesting scenarios.  Wyatt is a great character.  He starts off as mysterious.  As you discover his past, your heart goes out to him.  He is smart, a talented goalie, and nice guy.  Heath’s boss Roger is an annoying human being on a power trip with an inferiority complex.  I’m sure most of us can relate with having known someone like that.  Deke Reynolds makes a great antagonist.  He is a jerk whom I did not like, to say the least.

This 93-page book is a fast read that I completed in one sitting.  I love that Heath came into Wyatt’s life.  They are good for each other.  I like how the story ended.  Shutdown Pair was well resolved and felt complete.  It made me smile.

Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.