Pucked Up - Helena Hunting

NHL defenseman Miller “Buck” Butterson has a well-earned reputation as a ladies’ man.  He finds the one girl he would finally like to settle down with, Sunshine “Sunny” Waters.  He is going to have to convince a lot of people that he has changed in order to win her over among them: Sunny herself; her brother Alex Waters, center/team captain; Violet Hall, Miller’s step-sister/Alex’s girlfriend; and don’t forget the media.

I sympathized for poor, Miller; he kept trying so hard and felt like the majority of the time things did not go well for him (i.e. spider bite – omg).  Being dyslexic definitely is not in his favor and goes against him on more than one occasion.  Yes, sometimes he could have been smarter.  His friend Lance is not a good influence.  However, I like Miller and he truly does try, and he has a great heart.

Being from Chicago, I love that Miller grew up there and currently plays for Chicago.

Sunny is not an obvious match for Miller.  She is very into holistic living.  The long-distance Canadian-Chicago relationship also is not in their favor.  I do like Sunny; she is a very sweet person.  She lets her friends and family influence her a little too much. For example, I did not approve of her little camping trip.  I like that she owns up to her mistakes.

I really enjoyed Pucked Up’s plot.  There were a lot of interesting things that happened that I would never have expected.  The book flows well and reads quickly.

Randy, Miller’s best friend, and Lily, Sunny’s best friend, meet in this novel.  I am looking forward to their story in the next book: Pucked Over (Pucked #3).

Complimentary copy provided by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.