Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1) - Danielle Annett

The supernatural community was revealed to humans six years ago at an event known as the Awakening. Mercenary, Aria Naveed, was hired to find a little boy and uncovers a bigger mystery.

Cursed by Fire is a fast-paced action filled novel that kept me on the edge of my seat.

Aria is a worthy heroine. She does not shy away from difficult situations, and she does what she feels is right. I like that she is effective at playing ignorant to learn things. She is smart and good at her job.

I really like James Shields. First of all, because I’m partial to wolf shifters. Second, he is a really good partner and friend to Aria. I appreciate his calm disposition.

I was never certain about Inarus. My feelings for him kept flip flopping, needless to say; he made the story thought-provoking.

The mystery in Cursed by Fire is great. I was never quite sure where things were going to lead, so the plot stayed interesting. The epilogue definitely has me wanting to read the next book in the series. It left me a bit stunned.

Danielle Annett did a fantastic job with this first book in the Blood and Magic Series. I enjoyed her writing style. The story was attention-grabbing and creative. I look forward to reading what she comes up with next.

Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.