Aden (Vampires in America, #7) - D.B. Reynolds
Investigative reporter, Sidonie Reid, is on a quest for justice in the name of a friend who was murdered after being enslaved by vampires. Determined to bring down the slave syndicate, she enlists the help of Aden a powerful vampire that is predicted to become the next Lord of the Midwest.

Unbeknown to Sidonie, Aden was a slave in his human life and will not tolerate slavery in his soon-to-be territory.

I’ve been wanting to read the Vampires in America Series for a long time so when I got the opportunity to review this book, I had to grab it. I usually prefer to read a series in order, but I could follow this book with no problems what so ever. I definitely want to go back and read the rest of the books in order this time.

Being from Chicago, I do like that this book takes place there. However, even if it did not I would still love this book. The plot is captivating. The characters are well defined. This was the first book I read by D.B. Reynolds. She is a talented author. I will definitely read more of her work.

ARC provided publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.