Barefoot Bay: Tropical Ice (Kindle Worlds Novella) - Kat Mizera

Kat Mizera wins with TROPICAL ICE.  NHL bad boy, Garrett “Hawk” Hawkins, saves Madison Teller from being shot.  The two end-up spending their vacation together in Mimosa Key, Florida; not realizing their live intertwine.  This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult audiences.

TROPICAL ICE is part Roxanne St. Claire’s Barefoot Bay Kindle Word series, which I admit I have never read.  However, I could tell which characters were part of the original world the Barefoot Bay series takes place in.  I thought it was clever how, Kat Mizera, incorporated her characters into this setting.

I enjoyed the characters and plot.  I thought it was creative how Garrett and Madison ended up in Florida, met each other, and how their lives intermingle.  A lot of interesting things happen.  The story was well executed and believable.   Madison and Garrett are both likeable characters.  Garrett is in a difficult situation.  The two bond over this vacation and really get to know each other, helping each other grow in a short time.

I really like Madison’s brother, Jamie.  Reading this book made me want to hear his story, so I’ll be picking up TEMPTATION'S INFERNO (Inferno #2).  He’s a good guy.  I like how he handled the situation between Garrett and Madison.   I love how the story ended.  I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.