The Crazy Cat Ladies: Nine New Contemporary and Paranormal Romances Ready to Tempt You with an Alpha Hero to Walk on the Wild Side - Lisa Carlisle, Sidney Bristol, Melanie Ting, Lori Whyte, Jerri Drennen, Sukie Chapin, L.C. Alleyne, Elle Rush, Abby Cheshire

This review is for MR. NOVEMBER (Vancouver Vice #4) by Melanie Ting. I haven’t had the opportunity to read the rest of the books yet.  I have skimmed through the other books; they look promising, and I am looking forward to reading them.

I follow Melanie Ting’s Vancouver Vice Series and was eager to read the next book in the series.  I was not disappointed.  This story was adorable.  I love both cats and hockey so MR. NOVEMBER gave me my fix of both.

AHL enforcer Marty Devonshire is asked to pose for a team charity calendar promoting a local cat shelter. While there, he meets volunteer Elaine Salang and Knightley the Cat; both changing his life.  This contemporary sports romance takes place in Vancouver, Canada.

I really enjoyed the characters.  Marty is super sweet.  He is tough on the ice and shy off of it.  I love how his team mates band together to try to help Marty gain the confidence to pursue Elaine.  Although it was clearly all Knightley the cats doing.  I love that Marty adopts Knightley and that they both have a scar on their face.  They make very compatible companions.  Elaine is a caring heroine.  She is smart and hard working.  She has a great family.  I can understand why she was hesitant about Marty, and I’m glad she gave it another chance.  The couple and cat are great together.

At first, I wasn’t crazy about Marty’s roommate, Jonesy, but he ends up being a good guy.  I was happy that Amanda Richardson from AN IRRESISTIBLE FORCE played a role in this story.  I like that her cat was brought up.  I appreciated that Eric Fairburn from book one, THE TAO OF HOCKEY, gave Marty some sound advice.  I also, love the tip-in hockey scenes with Eric.

The story was well-written and believable.  It had a sweet ending. MR. NOVEMBER is an excellent addition to the Vancouver Vice Series.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.