Russian Heat (Hot Ice Book 7) - Lily Harlem

Lily Harlem’s Russian Heat melts the ice with its heat factor.  Flight attendant Samantha Headington and NHL player Vadmir Arefyev plan on having a one-night-stand but faith has other things in store.  This contemporary sports romance takes place in Florida and Russia.  It is suitable for adult audiences.

I enjoyed Samantha’s character.  She reminded me of Samantha Jones (Kim Cattrall) from Sex and the City.  She likes her designer clothes.  She seems put-together and classy.  She enjoys sex and gets what she wants.  I like Vadmir.  He is a good son and brother.  I appreciate that he takes care of his family.  He is very generous.  I found it amusing how he kept getting his slang wrong, and Samantha kept correcting him.  Samantha and Vadmir have hot chemistry.  They are a fun couple.  They get along great and complement one another.

I enjoyed the plot.  I thought it was clever how Samantha’s and Vadmir’s one-night-stand turned into more.  I loved the Russian aspect of the story.  My parents were both born in Hungary.  A lot of the culture is similar, and I found myself relating.  The story had some interesting twists and complications.  Russian Heat is an enjoyable read.  It had a good ending.  I also, liked the bonus Hot Ice short story, Rookie Rules.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.