Making an Impact (Men of the Ice Book 6) - Michele Shriver

Michele Shriver’s MAKING AN IMPACT is a fun addition to the Men of the Ice Series.  Executive director of the San Antonio Generals Charity Foundation, Charlene Simmons, is celebrating her fortieth birthday at a surprise party that was thrown for her.  Celebrating is the last thing she wants to do, feeling a bit depressed about the occasion.  Nothing that a one-night-stand with NHL center Casey Denault won’t cure, but one night will not be enough.

I like Charlene.  She is working her dream job.  She is successful.  She should be happy, but she’s not.  Casey is a good guy.  He has the reputation of a playboy.  He typically does not date women.  I appreciate that age does not bother him.  Like most hockey players, Casey is superstitious.  I like that Char is lucky for him.  They make a cute couple, with great chemistry.

I like that Jessica (book 5) was in this story.  Seeing how she is Char’s best friend it is only appropriate.  The two have a wonderful friendship.

I enjoyed the plot.  It was realistic and entertaining.  Being a Six Flags Season pass holder, I like that they go to Six Flags Fiesta Texas.  The story gives a good example of the mistakes to make on social media.  At 103-pages, the story is a quick read.  I’m looking forward to Noah’s story in the next book BREAKING THE ICE.

Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.