Chasing the Prize (Men of the Ice Book 5) - Michele Shriver

Television reporter Jessica Rowan is covering the San Antonio Generals’ bachelor auction and is livid after her friend, Charlene Simmons, bids for her to win a date with NHL winger, Ryder Carrigan. The last thing alternate captain, Ryder Carrigan, wants to do is participate in a bachelor auction.  However, when the two meet they might have more in common than they would have expected.  This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

I like Ryder.  He is serious about hockey to a fault.  I appreciate after Ryder was called out by one of his teammates, he realizes that he needs to achieve more balance in his life.   This is a valuable life lesson that can benefit everyone.   I felt bad that Jessica was blindsided at the auction, but I love that her friend bid on Ryder for her.  They have some obstacles to overcome that make the story interesting. The two have great chemistry and make an excellent couple.

At ninety-seven pages, this story is a fast and captivating read that I finished in one sitting.  I enjoyed the charity scene in the beginning and thought that was a clever way for the characters to get together.  Chasing the Prize is a fun story and entertaining read.  I’m looking forward to Casey and Charlene’s story next in Book six, Making an Impact.

Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.