You're the One That I Want (Christiansen Family) - Susan May Warren

Susan May Warren’s You're the One that I Want is a heartwarming and gripping tale.  After Owen Christiansen’s NHL career ended due to injury, he disappeared and became a crew member on an Alaskan crabbing boat to begin a new life.  He is interested in the captain’s daughter, Elise “Scotty” McFlynn; the two face some life-altering challenges along the way.  This contemporary romance takes place on the sea, in Alaska, and in Minnesota.

You're the One that I Want is a thought-provoking novel that is full of unexpected twists.  The story is filled with situations of losing your way, faith, and Christian values.  I enjoyed the plot.  The characters are faced with many obstacles.  I like both Owen and Scotty.  I appreciated that Scotty saw Owen for whom his is and not who he was.  I like that they relied on each other when faced with death.  They have an interesting relationship and great chemistry.  They are good for each other and help each other grow.  I also enjoyed the situation with Casper and Raina.  There are many realistic dynamics that take place that make this novel spellbinding.

This is the first book that I have read by Susan May Warren.  I had no problem following it even though it was the sixth book in the series.  I do want to go back and read some of the earlier books in the series.  I enjoyed Susan May Warren’s writing style and content.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.