Strategic Alliance (The Witchpyre Legacy Book 1) - Vanessa Liebe

Vanessa Liebe’s Strategic Alliance is an interesting start to The Witchpyre Legacy Series.  A marriage is arranged between witch/Princess Isabelle and vampire/Prince Lucian to form an alliance against the fraklov demons.  Neither are enthusiastic participants. This adult PNR is full of humor, action, and romance.

Vanessa Liebe does a nice job with her character development.  I liked both Isabelle and Lucian.  I thought their stereotype of each other’s races was comical.  I appreciated how they both tried to outwit each other.  Their verbal sparring was amusing.  They had great chemistry.  I like that they grow to like and respect each other.  Their skills complement each other well in battle, becoming a formidable pair.  Giselle and Marcus are good friends to Isabelle and Lucian respectively.

I enjoyed the plot.  It was easy to believe that both participants did not want to be part of an arranged marriage.  I would have liked to see the order of a couple of chapters switched making the story a little less confusing.  Other than that it was well-written and fast paced.  There were some interesting twists and a lot of actions that kept me engaged in the plot.  Strategic Alliance is a fun story, and I would definitely read additional books in the series.

Complimentary copy provided by Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.