Z: A Demonica Underworld Novella - Larissa Ione

Larissa Ione’s Z is another great addition to the Demonica Series.  Vex is a daemani or demon soul magnet.  She needs to have a powerful spirit removed from her, the only person that can help her is Azagoth (AKA the Grim Reaper).  While negotiation with Azagoth, she is assigned the help of fallen angel/assistant to the Grim Reaper, Zhubaal, who has been searching for the reincarnation of his soul mate.

I enjoyed reading Z’s story.  I love how the characters from the previous books influenced this story.  Z is a worthy character.  He loved Laura.  He has been faithful to her and will do anything to be reunited with her reincarnated spirit.  I like Vex.  She is pretty much Laura’s opposite, which causes some interesting scenes.

The plot was fun and creative.  There were some fascinating twists.  I was laughing throughout the story.  Azagoth’s birthday gift for Revenant’s niece and nephew’s (the Horsemen) was hysterical in a creepy sort of way.  I love the sarcastic comments throughout the story.  The novella is well written with great descriptions.  It was a fast read that was hard to put down. Followers of the Demonica series will not be disappointed with Z’s story.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.